Young & Tim are getting married at Trinity Episcopal Church in SF this September and they just took their engagement shots with one of the most talented photographers, Jules Bianchi. I seriously admire and respect her work. You gotta check out her blog if you haven't already! I absolutely loved Young's dress and she's such a beautiful woman inside & out!
What to wear to engagement photos?
You want to look casual and fun and not too formal, while wearing something that really is very ‘you’. It’s important to wear clothing that you can sit, stand and walk comfortably in because you will be moving around a lot for a variety of different photographs. Wearing clothes that match your partner’s (like khaki and white) usually does not look good, but it is important to stick to the same color family or complementary tones and bear in mind that darker colors are most slimming on women. It’s also important to incorporate the same level of formality into your outfits - meaning one person should not look like they are going to the beach and the other to an office meeting!- written by Laura Novak
1. Pack a change of clothes and leave it in the car.
2. If you wear white or cream pants or top, be sure it isn't too see-through or if it is, where a nude (bra, camisole, slip) underneath.
3. Also pack a "touch up" kit- a bronzer, blush, eyebrow curler, lip balm and gloss. Q-tips and eyeliner to reapply over the course of the session. I would also add brush or a comb for your hair.
4. Make sure you wear a color that doesn't transfer over to your partner's lips!
5. Pack water. It's unbelievable how thirsty you can get after lots of kissing for the camera!
6. Pack snacks. Nuts, pretzels, whatever keeps you going.
I would also suggest a friend to tag along with you just in case if there's no parking or something unexpected things to occur. You don't want to waste every minute of your photo session.