Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What?!? Fusion Han Bok?

To my readers,
Do you think it's worth it to buy a hanbok for your wedding? If I had to do it all over again, I would just rent it. My mother-in-law insisted that I get my own hanbok but I've only worn it twice and I don't think I will ever wear it again. It's around $400-700 dollars to customize your own hanbok in Korea or even in the States. hmm.... with that money, I would just get myself a nice pair of shoes or dress.
By the way, have you heard of a "fusion" hanbok?? You can definitely rent them for only $80-$120 dollars! They are so adorable and cute unlike the traditional ones. Also, there are hanboks that turn into spaghetti strap dresses! all you have to do is take off the long sleeve top(저고리)!!
here are some pictures to show you the latest trend in Hanboks!!!! Enjoy!!





Thanks Yoobin for these pictures! You look gorgeous!!! Photo credit: Kappa Studio



Visit all that hanbok , hanbok land for hanbok rentals!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Esther, I hope you can help me. I am going to register 2 weeks from now and will be wearing a somewhat fusion hanbok. I will need to get a hairdo that morning and wonder if you have any sample pics / links I can refer to for hanbok hairdo yet not too traditional? Gomawo - Jin-sun Mi

Unknown said...

hi i was wondering if you knew where i could get these "fusion" hanboks. I would like to wear one for prom, which i think is an awesome idea, because then i won't have to worry about someone else getting the same dress as me. Also i think it'd be neat to wear a part of "old history" at a highschool prom and still look good.

Esther said...

Hello Jin, How don't you try www.allthathanbok.com I know that they rent fusion hanboks there but I'm not too sure if you'll like them or not. you could also try www.hanbokland.com